We are Recruiting
ROLE: SEMI-SKILLED LABOURER
RATE: STARTING SALARY: UP TO £13.00 PER HOUR DEPENDENT ON SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
We currently have an opportunity for a Semi-skilled Labourer to join our team. We are an established, family-owned subcontract engineering firm specialising in precision CNC machining. We supply predominately machined steel fabrications and cast iron components to industry, ranging from 100 kg to 3 tonnes. The role provides the opportunity to work within our award-winning engineering facility in Rochdale alongside a team of highly skilled machinists using the latest technology.
This is a day shift position of 39 hours per week, flexible within Company opening hours. Overtime paid at time and a half up to 48 hours and double time thereafter. In addition, the role offers a benefits package including pension, 35 days holiday per annum and death-in-service benefit. The Company’s location has excellent motorway links and is close to Junction 20, M62.
- Manage the material movement both internally & externally (including vehicle loading and unloading) across the site using FLT, MEWP (where qualification held) and manual methods.
- Store and dispose of materials safely and in accordance with COSHH regulations where applicable.
- Van/Waggon Driving Activities - comply with related regulations including The Road Traffic Act, Highway Code and local driving restrictions.
- Drilling, grinding/polishing/deburring of components.
- Packing components for delivery to customer including heat wrapping.
- Removal of coolant and swarf from machinery.
- Undertake daily health & safety checks.
- Ensuring the shopfloor and outside area is clean and tidy and free from hazards including spillage and trip hazards.
In order to be successful in this position as a Semi-skilled Labourer, you will have the following skills and experience;
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload effectively.
- Competent in the use of cranes and slings.
- Ability to follow written job instructions.
- Team player
- Flexible approach to working.
- A full clean Class C1 UK/EA licence.
- CPC card (and Ideally) Tachograph card
- FLT Licence
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please forward your current CV to Barry Higgins, HR Manager at email@example.com Closing date for applications is 30 November 2023.